Known as Amazon One, the palm recognition technology allows shoppers to link their credit or debit card information to their unique palm signature. Customers can enroll in the program at any participating location.
Located at 4301 W. William Cannon Drive, Austin, this is the first Whole Foods Market outside Seattle to offer Amazon One.
The payment technology will launch in the coming weeks at other Austin-area Whole Food Market stores, including:
- Domain Northside, 11920 Domain Drive, Austin
- Downtown Austin, 525 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin
- East Austin, 901 E. Fifth St., Ste. 100, Austin
- Gateway Shopping Centers, 9607 Research Blvd., Ste. 300, Austin
- Hill Country Galleria, 12601 Hill Country Blvd., Bee Cave
- Cedar Park, 5001 US 183A, Cedar Park
“We are excited to introduce Amazon One as an option for our Austin-area Whole Foods Market customers,” said Leandro Balbinot, chief technology officer and senior vice president at Whole Foods Market, said in the release. “We are always looking for new ways to satisfy and delight our customers and offer convenient options to improve the shopping experience.”