In addition to the nine new locations, an April 20 news release states the acquisition will add 19 doctors and more than 100 staff members to the Ascension roster.
“These experienced doctors and staff bring a range of subspecialties, including spine, shoulder, sports medicine, trauma, joint replacement, physiatry, podiatry, [and] hand and foot/ankle care,” said Adam Bauman, vice president of orthopedics and sports performance for Ascension, in the release. “We look forward to serving the orthopedic and sports medicine needs of Central Texas in an even bigger way.”
According to the release, Ascension Texas' multispecialty orthopedic and sports medicine capabilities include medication therapy, minimally invasive outpatient surgery, nonsurgical injections and orthobiologics, orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation, exercise physiology and sports performance.
Ascension Texas Communications Manager Jennifer Hudson said all nine locations acquired in the buyout are now operational under Ascension leadership, but signage at each location may take more time to change.
The nine locations affected in Central Texas are listed below.
- East Round Rock: 4112 Links Lane, Round Rock
- Cedar Park: 1401 Medical Parkway, Bldg. 2, Ste. 150, Cedar Park
- Round Rock: 16020 Park Valley Drive, Ste. 100, Round Rock
- North Austin: 12309 N. MoPac Expressway, Ste. 150, Austin
- Southwest Austin: 5625 Eiger Road, Ste. 175, Austin
- 2nd Street: 3707 S. 2nd St., Ste. 100, Austin
- La Grange: 657 E. Travis St., Ste. C, La Grange
- Central Austin: 3200 Red River St., Ste. 201, Austin
- Bastrop: opening in August